- The barriers to starting a company have been falling
- The British tax man is dealing with startups more intelligently
- A variety of helpful financial schemes
- The benefits are not just limited to British Citizens
- The rise of Seedcamp and government support
I have to agree, not because GrantTree itself deals with government funding mechanisms, but simply because over the last few years, I’ve observed a concerted movement by the government (both before and after the LibCons’ election) to make life easier for UK companies, and tech companies in particular.
It seems that deliberately or not, the UK government is aware that if it doesn’t evolve London into a world-leading tech hub, it will be left behind in the next 10-20 years, as the already-struggling financial services industry continues its slide into irrelevance and is no longer sufficient to prop up the UK economy.